Ministry Training Course
The North West Gospel Partnership offers training which is ideal for anyone wishing to serve their local church. We are hoping to run the following courses in 2021-2022.
- 1st year
- Tuesday evening (online)
- Thursday day time (Leyland)
- Saturday monthly – part 2 (Leyland)
- 2nd Year
- Thursday day time (Leyland)
- Thursday evening (Online)
Why we do it
As a Partnership we long to see more people committing themselves to full-time gospel ministry in our churches.
When the Bible is taught God’s voice is heard. Teachers who ‘rightly handle’ the Word of truth are essential in today’s church. Whether in the congregation, home group, children’s or youth groups, indeed wherever the Bible is taught, we need people who can teach God’s Word in the power of the Spirit.
Over 1900 students have now studied on one of our daytime or evening courses over the last 17 years and our prayer is that more people will be raised up to be able to teach God’s word.
Who’s it for
The courses are one-day-a-week/month for those who want to understand the Bible better and be equipped to teach it to others.
Many churches use this as a resource for their Ministry Trainees, as well as for individuals who would like to be trained, and are not in paid ministry.
It is ideal for church workers and apprentices, preachers, gap-year students, youth and children’s workers, home group leaders, women’s workers and those in student ministry, indeed any who are actively involved in teaching the Bible and desire to be better equipped. It is not restricted to those in paid Christian work, we have many people in full time secular appointments who access our evening & Saturday course.
There are four strands to the daytime course: Biblical Theology, Exposition, Practical Ministry and Hands on Training.
For those who are unable to commit to a day a week to study, there are evening or Saturday courses. There are three strands to the evening course: Biblical Theology, Exposition and Hands on Training. The Saturday course will run one day a month over 2 years and will cover the same material as the evening course.
- Biblical Theology – An overview of the whole Bible, looking at how God’s Word fits together
- Exposition – After covering the tools of interpreting and applying the Bible passage there will be worked expositions through a number of Bible books, focusing on how to teach and apply them
- Hands on Training – A chance to gain experience in giving talks with feedback from ministers and preachers. After preparing passages in the first term, each student will practise giving talks and feedback
- Practical Ministry – Visiting lecturers will bring their own expertise on a whole range of practical aspects of ministry. Subjects include Children & Youth, Evangelism, Christian Leadership, Counselling, Growing Churches
- Daytime courses: £550
- Evening Courses: £350
- Saturday Course: £240
The Tim Peters Training Fund
The North West Gospel Ministry Training Course is led by Mark Pickles. Mark taught at Oak Hill Theological College for a number of years and is known as a Bible teacher. He has had over twenty years experience of pastoral ministry in a variety of churches, most recently in Cheshire.
Mark is supported by regular lectures from leaders of North West Gospel Partnership Churches. These include:
We are welcoming applications for the 2021/22 term for our daytime and evening courses. Please download and complete the relevant application form.